As the title and tag line of my blog suggests, God is indeed always speaking, if we only have ears to hear. I find that - more often than not - whatever I'm learning in the physical usually parallels something spiritual God is trying to show me.
One of my recent status updates on facebook said this:
- ONE space after a period. ONE space after a period! Anyone else have a hard time with this? Man, my age is showing.
- Old mindsets that refuse to embrace what I was finally able to confess: "I am a writer."
- Old mindsets that continue to tell me I'm not good enough and this is it.
- Old schedules and routines not conducive to productive writing.
- Priorities that need to be re-evaluated.
- etc, etc.
I will also continue renewing my mind with the Word and choose to believe what God says about me (a few scriptures from the Amplified Bible...because sometimes I need the volume turned up...).
- Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. ~Romans 12:2
- And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude], ~Ephesians 4:23
- Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, excelling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labor in the Lord is not futile [it is never wasted or to no purpose]. ~1 Corinthians 15:58
- Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion; And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude], And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness. ~Ephesians 4:22-24
- I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. ~Philippians 4:13
Do you have some old habits holding you back?
What changes are you implementing to help you move forward?