Monday, February 28, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
I did it.
I registered for my first Writer's Conference (See button on my right side bar).
You may be thinking "What's the big deal?"
But seriously, it was (and is) a huge, huge deal to me.
A leap of faith.
A beginning of beginnings.
After completing the registration form, I sat at my computer with my finger on the submit button for about 30 minutes. I nervously tapped the button ever so lightly while still contemplating whether or not to send it and ...oops...done! Guess my tapping carries a little more weight than I know.
So, why the big deal, you ask?
- In choosing my sessions, I selected to participate in a Writer's Peer Critique group. This. is. a. little. scary.
- We have been on a tight budget the last 6 months (plus I'm in school full time) so the conference fee (and plane ticket) doesn't exactly fit in. But I am confident that I heard from God and am supposed to be there, so I know He will provide. In fact, I have already received news of an unexpected $348.00!! He never ceases to amaze me.
- Did I mention someone will be critiquing my writing??!
- Although I am a social person, I am having some anxiety about the large number of women who will be there that I do not know (Not to mention there are going to be some amazing writers and speakers there!).
- Flying is not my favorite method of transportation.
Despite these hesitations, I just know it is a step in the right direction for me. I will share later some confirming words that God has given me over the last few weeks.
Please pray for me as I step out of the boat that I will keep my eyes on Him! (And if you hear a gurgling sound, throw me a life saver...)
Have you considered going? It would be an honor to meet my blogging friends in person. :)
If you're not sure of the details....you can read my last blog post about it here.
Oh, one last thing.....my plan was to go to this conference last year but it didn't work out...in fact, I never even registered....
Friday, February 11, 2011
You won't be sorry that you took the time to read this! :) Click the pink link to visit my new friend, Rachel from Western Australia, and be encouraged today!!
PeachyKeen: Who's Coming With Me?: "Beloved Daughter of The Most High God, it is time for your voice to be heard. The keys to eternal promises and truths lay in your hands waiting to unlock the treasures bestowed upon those who are called His own. You have the ability to..."
Posted by Shelly at 1:54 PM
Monday, February 7, 2011
It's been since last August that I submitted a Let's Talk Tuesday! post. I put the weekly random posts on hold for an indefinite period of time. Not sure that I'm restarting them, just felt like offering up some randomness this week!! :)
Feel free to link up and join me if you'd like....I will leave Mister Linky open all week and would love to come visit your blog, :) OH, and you can take my button from the right side of my page if you'd like! :)
My randomness for this week....drumroll please....
1. First things first. Yesterday I was overwhelmed with the majesty of God. Awesome Creator. Marvelous and Amazing. And all I had to do was look at the sky. The beautiful, wonderful, brilliant blue sky....all creation does praise Him....and my soul does sing of His majesty.
2. In my last post I mentioned my hopes for attending the She Speaks Conference in July. I just wanted to mention it again. ;) I am anxiously awaiting the updated info on the conference and saving my pennies!
3. Today, I am enrolled in 15 college hours. Tomorrow, that will decrease by one class. Yep. There is therefore no condemnation..... :)
4. I really love my home church. It has taken a while to feel connected (mostly because of my own hesitation) but it is now home. And it only took 3 short years.
5. I had to mend my little guy's superhero costumes (again). He was concerned that someone might see through the holes and discover his secret identity.
6. Blogging has been an amazing outlet for me. I just wish I could do it more. I have "met" some incredible people from all over the world and learned a lot from other bloggers. We are a community. :)
7. Last year I started a blog on being frugal. I published a total of 10 posts. Some things just don't work out. And I'm ok with that. Really, I am. (But I think I will delete it so that it doesn't stare me in the face every time I log in.....) Not that I'm not being frugal, because I am always looking for ways to save money and I rarely buy anything that isn't on sale or off the clearance racks....I just got a little overwhelmed with all the coupons....cutting, clipping, organizing, expiration dates, doubling, tripling, combining... (shudder...)
8. I have three uh-may-zing children.
9. My husband and I will celebrate 19 years of marriage this month. I'm so excited and hoping for a weekend away! We need it. Sometimes, as husbands and wives, we neglect alone time and togetherness because we are too busy taking care of everyone and everything else. It is imperative that we keep our relationship strong with our spouse (but that's a whole other post....).
10. I've learned that some days are just harder than others. They just are. It's how we deal with them that counts.
I've enjoyed our little chat of super randomness! I can't wait to see what you have going on!
Please join with me in praying for my bffs mother, Marsha, who is currently in the hospital with internal bleeding possibly from a tear in her stomach. God is our great Physician and Healer!
Friday, February 4, 2011
I did not get to attend this conference last year, but I'm hoping this is the year it all works out! I'm stepping out in faith and starting to plan! :) More info on the conference (speakers, sessions, etc) is supposed to be released next week.
My plan is to register for the Writer's track and also attend a Speaker bonus session (if they have those again this year). It will be amazing to connect with some other women with similar aspirations and desires. I know God has called me to share my story and my faith (as He has YOU) and this conference seems like a great place to gather some knowledge and information to help me take the next step.
If you haven't heard of this conference, be sure to check it out on their website! Oh, I forgot to mention that it is a part of Proverbs 31 Ministries. :) Lots of encouragement coming from these ladies!