I did it.
I registered for my first Writer's Conference (See button on my right side bar).
You may be thinking "What's the big deal?"
But seriously, it was (and is) a huge, huge deal to me.
A leap of faith.
A beginning of beginnings.
After completing the registration form, I sat at my computer with my finger on the submit button for about 30 minutes. I nervously tapped the button ever so lightly while still contemplating whether or not to send it and ...oops...done! Guess my tapping carries a little more weight than I know.
So, why the big deal, you ask?
- In choosing my sessions, I selected to participate in a Writer's Peer Critique group. This. is. a. little. scary.
- We have been on a tight budget the last 6 months (plus I'm in school full time) so the conference fee (and plane ticket) doesn't exactly fit in. But I am confident that I heard from God and am supposed to be there, so I know He will provide. In fact, I have already received news of an unexpected $348.00!! He never ceases to amaze me.
- Did I mention someone will be critiquing my writing??!
- Although I am a social person, I am having some anxiety about the large number of women who will be there that I do not know (Not to mention there are going to be some amazing writers and speakers there!).
- Flying is not my favorite method of transportation.
Despite these hesitations, I just know it is a step in the right direction for me. I will share later some confirming words that God has given me over the last few weeks.
Please pray for me as I step out of the boat that I will keep my eyes on Him! (And if you hear a gurgling sound, throw me a life saver...)
Have you considered going? It would be an honor to meet my blogging friends in person. :)
If you're not sure of the details....you can read my last blog post about it here.
Oh, one last thing.....my plan was to go to this conference last year but it didn't work out...in fact, I never even registered....