Monday, March 4, 2013

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

"We must lay before Him what is in us, not what ought to be in us." ~ CS Lewis

It is so tempting to want to hold back part of ourselves (or all of ourselves), giving God only the "good" parts of us or what we feel is acceptable. When in reality, Jesus is what makes us worthy, not anything we can do on our own or any super feats we have accomplished.

God asks that we lay our lives before Him. Total surrender. Giving Him every part of us. Our whole selves. Holding nothing back.

He asks that we lay before Him all that is in us.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

He takes our weak places and displays His strength and power to the world.

He has been known to use the foolish things to confound the wise.

He takes our mistakes and turns them into a message of forgiveness.

It's easier to believe God looks at our struggles and failures and turns His back. But He doesn't. He sees all of us and still...invites us to come.

Is there something you're holding back?

Don't wait until you feel "ready." Surrender now and watch God's power within you transform you and change you from the inside out. And expect Him to use your life as a message to bring hope and healing to those around you!

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1 Corinthians 1:27


In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace. Ephesians 1:7


Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” Mark 5:19





4 friends had this to say:

Jean Wise said...

That is quite a thought provoking and convicting quote. I go on a four day retreat next week and think I will take it along with me for prayer. Thanks!!

Sharon said...

Surrender - the biggest challenge I seem to face in my life. I have never thought of myself as a *control freak* - mostly because I worry so much. But, I have come to realize that I worry because I don't (but want to!) have control in my life.

The hardest thing for me to yield is the lives of my loved ones.

May God continue to work in me. And I am grateful for the way He loves my good, my bad, and my ugly.

GOD BLESS!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I have tears. This was amazing.

Shelly said...

Thank you Jean, Sharon, and Ashley! :)