Won't you join me in counting my blessings today? Today I am thankful for:
- The strength to hold my tears in when my littlest left for church camp this morning! And even more thankful for his thumbs up as the bus pulled away :)
- Divine connections and friendships through OBS and Proverbs 31 Ministries
- The opportunity to attend She Speaks again next month (I'm a 2011 alumni)! Woohoo!! (Don't know what She Speaks is? Click here!)
- My hubby's confirmed vacation for next month and friends who are generous with their lakehouse :)
- Fresh veggies from the garden
- The privilege of being a stay-at-home mama/writer/Bible study leader :)
- Books! I love books.
- Plug-in air fresheners.
- Cute hats on days I don't have time to brush my hair. Like today.
- Pretty dresses for only $14.99.
- Scrapbook paper and glue sticks.
- Cards in the mail.
- Second chances.
- Pumpkins growing by my front porch.
- Jesus. So thankful for Jesus.
- Transformation and change.
- Time in His presence.
- The Word of God, powerful and true.
Some of the things on my list are silly and light-hearted this week (because I like to have fun) but there is nothing silly about what God has done for me (and you). Jesus died so that we could have life and a restored relationship with our Father. We have access to the very throne room of heaven. We have the Word of God as a life manual and guide. We have power and authority in the name of Jesus to live a life filled with peace and joy. In Chapter 11 of Stressed-Less Living, Tracie Miles says, "What if we realigned our lives according to God's Word? What if we began to consider the Bible our only lifeline? What if we gave it the importance it actually deserved? Would our lives be different?"
Would MY life be different? Would YOURS?
Tracie challenges us to push the "Reset Button" in our lives and shares six simple steps to help get us started:
- Realign your life (according to the Word)
- Recognize your need
- Adjust your focus
- Be filled with the Spirit
- Be faithful to your prayer life
- Believe God is who He says He is
Maybe you can't push the reset button on your spiritual life because you've never pushed the "start" button. Maybe you've never accepted Jesus as your personal Savior. I have good news, friend. Today can be the day of your salvation! Stop whatever you're doing and pray this prayer from Tracie on pg 218:
"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe that you are the one true God. I believe the Holy Bible is infallible and that every word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life in heaven. I know that without you in my heart, Lord, my life is meaningless and without purpose.
I believe in my heart that Jesus was raised from the dead and sits at your right hand. Please forgive me for every sin I have ever committed in thought or deed. Please come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father, and I want you to be my best friend, fostering an intimate relationship with me.
I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on. I am excited about the new life I will have in you. I pray all this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."
If you prayed this prayer today, welcome to the family of God!!
(If you would like support and encouragement in your new relationship with Jesus Christ, please visit http://www.proverbs31.org/do-you-know-jesus/accept-jesus/)