When schedules are stretched and pressure builds and test results knock the breath out of us.
When my heart is overwhelmed and God feels distant.
When scriptures on grace and provision read like a fairytale.
It's in these times circumstances tempt me to forget who God is.
But I remember the story of Elisha's servant in 2 Kings. He trembled when he saw the Syrian army and all its chariots and horses surrounding them. He feared for his life and his strength failed at the sight of the enemy. But Elisha prayed for his servant, "O Lord, open his eyes that he may see."
"As the servant's spiritual eyes were opened, he saw God's resources far outweighed that of his enemy... When our eyes are focused on the enemy, we miss God's provision. When fear rules our thoughts and emotions, it is difficult to see and believe in faith all that God can do."
Sometimes we just need to open our spiritual eyes and see what God has already done. His army is already in place. The victory is already secured.
When we open our Bibles, we can know this truth.
He speaks to us in Isaiah, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NLT
- Do not be AFRAID (scared, fearful, frightened, terrified, alarmed, anxious, panicky, faint-hearted, cowardly, apprehensive).
- Do not be DISCOURAGED (dispirited, dismayed, depressed, have your hopes dashed, have your spirits dampened, have your confidence destroyed, intimidated).
- I AM YOUR GOD.
- El Shaddai - Lord God, Almighty
- Yahweh - Lord, Jehovah
- Jehovah Nissi - The Lord My Banner
- Jehovah-Raah - The Lord My Shepherd
- Jehovah-Shamman - The Lord is There
- Jehovah Jireh - The Lord Will Provide
- Jehovah Shalom - The Lord is Peace
- (Read here for more names of God)
- I will STRENGTHEN (make stronger, give strength to, reinforce, fortify, build up, support, sustain, restore, enhance, improve) YOU.
- I will HELP (aid, assist, support, uphold, side with, champion, back, advance, encourage, advocate, take the part of, maintain, intercede for, stick up for, go to bat for, guide, save, rescue, snatch from danger) YOU.
His Word breathes life into us.
To know His Word is to know Him.
When we study His Word our eyes are opened.
And just like Elisha's servant, we can see.
We can know that He who is with us is far greater than those who are against us (1 John 4:4, 2 Kings 6:16).
Anxiety, stress, and fear have to leave.
We can know and have peace and assurance and rest.
Whatever you need today. God is.
Open your bible and see with your spiritual eyes.
Our victory has already been secured.
Linking today with Melissa Taylor and 6000+ women all over the world as we seek God's word in the Stressed-Less Living (by Tracie Miles) Online Bible Study. We would LOVE for you to join us!